Urgent Needs (updated 3/2013)
The items list below are needed now and on an ongoing basis. Donations can be dropped off at the work meeting nearest you, or mailed to:
Please include a list of items donated along with your name and address and feel free to ask for a tax-deductible receipt. Please do not mail directly to the workspace locations since we're not there every day to get the mail.
The South Metro work group urgently needs several volunteers to cut sleepers and gowns. Please contact Claudia Brau at (612) 801-9546 or email .
The North Metro desperately needs volunteers to help us plan, organize and hold fundraisers so we can purchase the things that are not donated in large enough quantities and to pay the rent on the warehouses. If you can help, please contact Cindy Lillemo at Cindy55126@msn.com
The North Metro is also looking for a Driver for Skyway Seniors (.doc file). This person will help by
driving supplies between our warehouse in New Brighton and the Skyway Senior Center in downtown Minneapolis.
The North Metro also has immediate need for yarn.
Baby Care Items:
- baby wash
- baby care travel packs
The wipes and the wash are usually cheapest at the dollar stores.
- knit fabric
- serger thread
- sheet fabrics (cotton or cotton/poly blends, at least 45" wide and 70" long)
- quilt batting
Handmade or Purchased Items:
- North Metro only: fitted crib sheets
- sweaters, sweater/hat/bootie sets, jackets
- quilts (approx. 36" x 45" or larger)
- newborn size sleepers, t-shirts, buntings, snowsuits or other clothing for colder weather
- infant gowns (elastic hem or drawstring hem)
- crocheted or knitted baby afghans - approximately 30" x 30"
- jackets and pants
At this time, please note that we do NOT need any preemie items. Thankfully, we also have enough burial garments.
For sewing, crocheting, and knitting patterns, please visit Patterns Page.