Immediate Need: Board of Directors Member – Marketing
Bundles of Love Charity (BOLC) is a 501(c)(3) volunteer driven non-profit that partners with community organizations to assist Minnesota families in need by providing handmade items for newborns.
Our Vision: A world where every newborn has access to the basics.
Responsibilities: Assist Bundles of Love in developing a strategic marketing plan, including:
- Make contacts with potential volunteers, corporations and donors within the community to increase awareness of the organization.
- Evaluate current promotional materials and make recommendations for a full ‘brand’ package, which would include PSA, written, photo, video and talking points, to be used to promote BOLC.
- Implement and actively maintain social media presence for BOLC.
- Increase the organization’s visibility by doing speaking engagements and/or arranging public speaking engagements for the Bundles of Love Charity speakers’ committee.
- Assist with marketing for special events such as fundraisers.
- Experience in marketing.
- Enthusiasm for working with a small non-profit seeking to move to the next level as a viable, sustainable organization.
- 3- year term commitment. This is an uncompensated volunteer position.
Highly desired: Willingness to share experience and offer mentorship to Board members.
Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lend a helping hand
Volunteer work groups meet regularly to sew, knit, and crochet essential clothing, blankets, and other infant items. We also have a variety of non-sewing tasks at the work group meetings. Many opportunities can also be completed from home. Contact one of our locations to get started! Thousands of hours are contributed every month by hundreds of volunteers and all of them are important. You don’t need to know how to knit or sew! Your travel for Bundles of Love Charity activities is also tax deductible!
Ongoing Volunteer Needs
There are many ways you can help by donating anywhere from one to 100+ hours per month. Please explore the options below and find a match that works for you.
We are always in need of volunteers for the following:
- Cutting fabric
- Ironing on interfacing
- Sew newborn and preemie clothing (sleeper, gowns, t-shirts,etc.)
- Sew quilts, diaper bags, burp cloths, bibs, receiving blankets
- Knit newborn and preemie clothing (sweaters, hats, booties)
- Crochet newborn and preemie clothing (sweaters, hats, booties)
- Adding snaps to completed clothing
- Assemble finished items into bundles
- Deliver finished items to the organizations
- Organization of work space
Other areas to help:
- Help plan with fundraising events
- Post fliers throughout the community to help recruit more volunteers and donations of supplies and for special events.
- Contact Youth group leaders or teachers to get their students involved in community service projects.
- Volunteers to start work groups in other areas within the state of Minnesota or host small sewing events on an occasional basis.
- Work with Church, corporate, or service groups who would like to assist in our efforts
- Host a baby shower and donate the items
Additional ways to connect with Bundles of Love Charity
Bundles of Love Charity leadership opportunities
Bundles of Love is Charity seeking leaders to help our growing all-volunteer organization. Passionate leaders who serve a working, hands-on function are needed in the following areas:
Organize Speaking Opportunities
- Contact organizations interested that may be interested in supporting Bundles of Love Charity and set up speaking opportunities for current volunteer speakers. Recruit additional speakers who will represent the organization at speaking engagements.
Work Group Leader
- Start a work group in your neighborhood. Organize meetings so others can make baby bedding and clothing for the families who need them. Recruit volunteers, organize materials and activities, train volunteers, track and report activity.
Corporate and Other Volunteer Group Leaders
- Help lead volunteer activities when we receive requests from groups at schools, churches, youth groups, scout troops, corporate volunteer groups, etc. so we won’t need to turn down volunteer requests. Train and work closely with an experienced work group coordinator until you feel confident enough to work on your own. Commitment is flexible depending on your schedule.
- There are opportunities for daytime, evening, or weekends. A minimum commitment of one year is required for leadership positions.
Board of Directors
- Proven leaders with a demonstrated commitment to the organization are needed to serve three year terms. Board of director members offer their voluntary service to the organization and serve a functional hand-on role as well as an oversight role for the organization. Time commitment includes not only board meetings, but ongoing activities, including supporting publicity, fundraising and volunteer appreciation efforts of the organization.